Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ditch the Fashion Pimp

I was on the train one day when the cutest girl got on the train and sat right beside me and everything that i was thinking about stopped and focused on what or who in this world made her put that on? I didnt know if it was a practical joke, if she lost a bet, doing a horrible dare, or if she got dressed in the dark. And to make the outfit even worse (which im not even going to describe because some focus on only negative energy and miss the overall picture) she had on a curly phony pony that was a totally different texture and color from the rest of her hair.... While in the process of trying to analyze what made her put that on, I fell into the realization that some actually can go through life, living for themselves, not caring about the way they look or what they have on. This came as such a shock to me because most of us are fashion's whores, doing anything to impress our pimp. Can a person actually survive without having a pimp to tell them what to do, to take care of them, and to make them feel happy? I guess I found my prof that yes, it's possible. I decided right then to transition from a lifestyle revolving around an (usually failed) attempt to satisfy the "norm," the majority, or what others may think is best, to living based on myself and accepting others for being who they are. Can anyone tell me, How is your life without the Fashion Pimp guiding you around under collar and leash?

No comments:

Post a Comment